Ergonomic Movement Chairs For Active Sitting At Work Or Home
Active sitting inspires continual, controlled movement. Our body intuitively seeks the ideal position, and the next position is always the best. With active sitting, the upper body is free and self-supported and has to balance itself. We engage our abdominal and back muscles, which strengthens our core, improves our posture, and reduces tensions. Our feet and legs are in motion, which stimulates our circulation. The shoulders and chest are open, making it easy to breathe deeply. We feel stronger, healthier, and our concentration improves. Ultimately, active sitting is the freedom to move.
By challenging every norm about sitting, we have been able to help people create healthy sitting habits that impact overall wellness. Varier CEO Jesper Petersen says, “We challenge perceptions of how you sit. The benefits of active sitting are that it makes you stronger, better, faster.”
Active Seating vs. Passive Seating
Burns More Calories
- Passive sitting burns about 96 calories an hour
- Active sitting burns about 150 calories an hour
Raises Concentration Levels
- Our concentration level drops when we sit for prolonged periods
- Our focus and alertness improve when we have the freedom to move
Naturally Aligns Spine
- Active sitting enables us to sit as nature intended – with an upright, naturally aligned J-shaped spine
- With core muscles weakened from passive sitting, the spine slumps into a C-shape. We then tend to over-correct into a sit-up-straight, tense S-shape.
Improves Blood Circulation
- Active sitting improves circulation, oxygen supply, and general wellbeing
- Passive sitting restricts blood flow, making us sluggish and tired
- Active sitting engages the back and abdominal muscles encourages the natural curvature of the spine and improves strength and flexibility
- Passive sitting reduces muscle tone and definition
If you have any questions, please either call us at 720-616-5002 or simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you ASAP!